Indiana Dunes Tourism Visitor Center
Start your trip here with:
- Helpful advice from our destination concierges, who are Indiana Dunes Country experts.
- Guides and brochures detailing all the great attractions, restaurants, lodging and more in Indiana Dunes Country.
- An exhibit hall featuring Indiana Dunes artwork from the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore’s Artist-in-Residence program, wildlife displays and interactive displays for children.
- A gift shop operated by the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore featuring clothing, books, stuffed animals and other great merchandise.
- Display cases highlighting local businesses and attractions.
- Restrooms and drinking fountains.
- An after hours lobby with 24/7 access to brochures and a phone that people can use to call directly to local lodging facilities.
Easy to find:
The Visitor Center is conveniently located at 1215 N. State Road 49, Porter, IN 46304. This is just north of the Indiana Toll Road and Interstate 94, and it is just south of Indiana Dunes State Park and U.S. 20.
Memorial Day to Labor Day: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. CST seven days a week.
Labor Day to Memorial Day: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CST seven days a week.
For more information:
Local telephone number: 219-926-2255
Toll free number: 800-283-8687
Indiana Dunes Tourism is the official destination marketing, planning and development organization for Indiana Dunes Country/Porter County, IN. We operate the Visitor Center in partnership with the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
How to navigate through our Photo Gallery
Press this button to go to previous image
Press this button to go to next image