Valparaiso International Center (The VIC)

The Valparaiso International Center (The VIC) is an independent nonprofit organization that is located in downtown Valparaiso, yet serves all of Northwest Indiana. The VIC acts as a forum to learn about different cultures through interactive events, festivals, classes, and discussion groups. It also provides services that help international residents and visitors to feel welcome and to fully enjoy American culture. A Holiday bazaar in November/December offers fair-trade decor, jewelry, and gifts from around the world. “Fourth Friday” presentations feature a new culture every month. The VIC’s signature event is the World Cultural Festival which is held in September.

Phone: (219) 464-1122
Website: http://www.valpovic.org

Come Visit Us

309 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, IN 46383

Phone: (219) 464-1122

Stories About Attractions & Recreation

Attractions & Recreation

Grand Kankakee Marsh County Park

This 2,069-acre park, located along the historic Kankakee River, floods seasonally, providing an ideal wetland habitat for a variety of wildlife. The…

Attractions & Recreation

Bass Pro Shops

This 130,000 square-foot store has everything for outdoor enthusiasts, including boats, fishing gear, and hunting equipment. There is also a giant…

Attractions & Recreation

Chesterton/Friendship Land Park

The park has playgrounds, tennis and basketball courts, and restrooms, as well as a summer splash pad, baseball field, and shelter that can be…

Attractions & Recreation

Jessee-Pifer Park

Jessee-Pifer Park is a 2.3-acre parcel and is truly a neighborhood park, being landlocked by the city block bordered by Weston, Elmhurst, and Madison…

You may also be interested in...

Featured

William E. Urschel Pavilion and Ice Skating Rink

Located in the heart of downtown Valparaiso, this 12,000 square foot open-air pavilion provides the perfect setting for a variety of events and…

Featured

Deep River County Park

Deep River County Park offers a mix of history, natural beauty, and pure fun within its 1,200-acre site. In 1837-38, John Wood built a sawmill and…