Indiana Dunes Country
Event Planning Support
We have the resources to make your events succeed
We're looking forward to helping you plan and coordinate your meeting, convention or gathering in Indiana Dunes Country. Let us show you around our communities and landscapes. Provide insider tips and details for site selection. Contribute our local knowledge to formal bid presentations. And help pull together your event package. We can also help with referable services such as advertising, transportation, catering, decorating and entertainment. If you'd like to find out more, please contact Angela Pasyk or
submit our online request for proposal.
Niche Market Director
219-926-2255 ext. 229
Indiana Dunes Tourism Services for Groups Includes:
1. Group Event Planning Assistance:
- Assist motorcoach groups, event and reunion planners, and sporting events planners by developing itineraries based on needs of the group and the event planner.
- Confirm room blocks, prices, amounts, etc. with hotels and restaurants chosen by the event planner. This may include having the event planner sign contracts, provide deposits, and other event related tasks as needed.
2. Hotel Inquiries:
- Submit sales leads (inquiries) to area hotels and/or restaurants and provide the information on prices, rates and room blocks to the event planner. Upon request, coordinate site inspections & familiarization tours of the area for event planners.
3. Local Information:
- Provide event planners an information packet that contains relevant publications and guides on coordinating an event in the area.
- Provide information/welcome bags to groups.
4. Formal Bid Presentation:
- Assist in the bidding process if an event will have a significant positive economic impact on the area and the group can be adequately serviced.
5. Attendance Promotion:
- Provide an opportunity for groups that qualify to obtain financial assistance through the Indiana Dunes Tourism Promotion Grant Program. Groups awarded funding may use the funds to promote their event.
- Send a press release to local media and post information regarding the event on the Tourism website.
Photographs Copyright: Christine Livingston, Jeff Greenberg